Find Oral Health & Dental Services
Persons Without Dental Insurance
You can access dental services in a variety of ways even if you do not have dental insurance.
Federally qualified health centers and other community clinics can provide care for you, even if you do not have health insurance. You pay for services based on your income.
- Federally Qualified Health Centers with Dental Clinics in Marin
- Federally Qualified Health Center: Find a health center near you that provides dental services. Narrow down search results by entering your address, state, or county.
- California Primary Care Association: Find a clinic in California. Please note, this platform will yield search results that provide medical, dental, and health care services, not just dental services.
Dental schools and dental hygiene schools often have clinics that allow dental students to gain experience treating patients while providing care at a reduced cost.
- National Institute of Health: Find dental care through a local dental school or local dental hygiene school.
Private Dental Insurers and Covered CA Insurers
Family and adult dental benefits may be purchased directly through your employer. You may be able to purchase dental insurance through Covered California if your employer does not offer dental insurance coverage. Covered California is the marketplace for people and small businesses to find out if they are eligible for federal premium assistance to buy health insurance, including dental coverage, under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Covered California: All Californians can sign up for dental insurance during the annual open-enrollment period, which begins in the fall. Many others may be eligible to sign up at any time during the year due to a life-changing event such as getting married, having a child or moving.
Once you are enrolled in a dental insurance plan, you can find a dentist that accepts your insurance coverage by visiting your health plan’s website.
Medi-Cal Has Dental Covered:
Did you know that Medi-Cal has dental covered? Through Medi-Cal Dental, you can receive low-cost check ups every 6-12 months and other comprehensive dental services for you and your family. Take a look at the links below for more information on how to sign up and what benefits are covered through Medi-Cal Dental.
For Medi-Cal Fact Sheets and Coverage Information:
- Medi-Cal Has Dental Covered (English)
- Medi-Cal Has Dental Covered (Spanish)
- Medi-Cal Brochure (English)
- Medi-Cal Brochure (Spanish)
For Information on How To Enroll:
Medi-Cal Provider Directories:
- Medi-Cal Dental (Denti-Cal) Provider Directory
- Medi-Cal Alternative Dental Practices
- Dental Clinics Serving Medi-Cal Beneficiaries
Resources to Learn More about Dental Coverage
- Find a Dental Home (PDF): This brochure explains what dental homes are, why you should find one for you and your child, and tips for visiting your dental home.
- Your Child Has Dental Coverage: The Children’s Partnership created these flyers to help families better understand Medi-Cal dental coverage options in California. Flyers are available for download in both English and Spanish.